timothyraines.com

My work is guided by my infinite enthusiasm for exploration. Exploration can and should take many forms - from the random road trip to discovering your own Self. In my art, I'm particularly fascinated by the role physics plays in the way paint forms on the canvas, interacts with other paints and reacts when manipulated by anything from a brush to fingers.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sicola Martin Install and local gallery visit today



Finally! I finally visited Sicola Martin - with my camera - since the installation. This top photo is the lobby and below is the entry hall from the elevators to the lobby.

Everything looks great there and a special "thank you" to my pal Jeff and new pal Lyndahl for supporting my efforts!

Today, I recieved a call from my friend Edgar who is my unofficial art mentor. He said that one of Austin's most influential gallery owners wanted to meet with me. It was simply a meeting, he said she just wanted to talk and not to expect that I would be asked to exhibit.

I met with her this afternoon and it was very inspiring! It's great to hear from a respected gallery owner who like your work and wants you to succeed as an artist. We talked about marketing, galleries that would work for me at this stage in my career and more.

I highly recommend networking with Gallery owners and other artists. In fact, while I was there, another artist came in to see if the owner had looked over her slides. The gallery owners get so many submissions, I got the impression that she likely doesn't even see all the submissions she gets. You truly are just throwing your slides over a wall if you don't take the time to network with the art world and get to know these people. Granted, I didn't get in today with this gallery but she knows my work, likes my work and will see to it that I get into a gallery in Austin now and possibly hers in the future.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home