timothyraines.com

My work is guided by my infinite enthusiasm for exploration. Exploration can and should take many forms - from the random road trip to discovering your own Self. In my art, I'm particularly fascinated by the role physics plays in the way paint forms on the canvas, interacts with other paints and reacts when manipulated by anything from a brush to fingers.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Paint Ordered



The most painful part of painting is purchasing paint and canvas. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and I tend to buy only the best. (Yes, the best wine, best cars, best clothes too.) I spent $600 on paint and am not sure it will be enough to do the job for Laredo. I've got 150' of linear wall space to work with, so I've got to do several works.

The biggest will be 4' x 3' and will go beside "From Footbridge at 1mi." (above) which was inspired by the beautiful waters flowing under the Townlake Footbridge in Austin from Barton Springs into Town Lake. If you are a runner or walker, you'll see on the West side of the Bridge a stone marker that simply has "1mi." carved in it.

I've never figured out where the "0mi." actually is and I don't think I've seen many others marking the trail either!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You will be glad you got the best.
    Barbara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home